Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Soft and Wooly


These little bunnies are part of an order for a shop in LA. They are sewn by hand from handmade wool felt using wool embroidery floss. The bows are silk ribbon, so fancy.

This little friend came out of the sewing room last night. Made from super soft fleecy bunting and some of those dots I love so much. He is in the
shop. All the animals have been sleepy lately. I suppose I should work on some wide awake ones.

I found these little booties that I forgot I'd made months ago. They were knit with one of my favorite yarns Manos del Uruguay. It's soft wool that is hand dyed in the nicest colors. I think I'll work on some more little booties and add them to the shop. I've been complaining for months that I don't have a baby to sew or knit for. I'm 31, shouldn't all of my friends be having babies?! It's been over a year since I even held a little one. I have tons of patterns and ideas for sweet baby gifts but alas no one to even try them out on. It seems like there used to always be a new tiny person to outfit. I guess all the new babies are in blogland now.

I'm off to make some deliveries and stop by Bolt for an emergency fabric need, a real emergency this time.

No comments: