Saturday, June 02, 2007

I Like Yellow and Other Things

Saturday morning started off nicely with coffee on the go and some yard sales. I found some little treasures. Some little glass custard cups and three yellow tin canisters. I'm really loving yellow lately. I found the little table today also, but the blue and purple has to go. I think it needs a coat of paint in butter yellow. It might end up being a display table for the etsy sale.

-----------------------------------------------------

No fabric today, which I guess is okay since I've been carting bags of it out of the craft room. When I first started sewing and thrifting, I would toss any and all vintage fabrics into my cart, take them home and then decide whether or not I liked them. Not the smartest way to shop, let me tell you. Now, several years later, I find myself narrowing my focus more and more. No more poly knit blends for me.

We dropped by the Hollywood farmer's market today. There wasn't much to get excited about this go around. I'm not sure if I'm over the farmer's market or if it's just been kind of blah. There were 2 vendors completely sold out of strawberries and when we left the one vendor with berries had one box and there were about 12 people in line for them. Crazy. We did pick up some lovely mushrooms. We also made our way to Uwagimaya where I found these adorable little eggplants. They are like eggplants for babies. So. Cute. What does one do with 3 tiny eggplants? I'll let you know what I come up with.

And yesterday I made butter! It was easy and very delicious. I just put some heavy whipping cream into a pint jar and shook it for five or ten minutes and suddenly I had butter. I could get used to this whole fresh butter thing.

No comments: