Saturday, June 23, 2007

Little Kitty


I feel like I haven't posted in so long, but it's just been a couple of very long days. On Thursday night, we had to rush our little kitty, Fifi to the emergency vet because she was very sick. Four hours later, she got to come home and we started her on antibiotics. We thought for sure it was something serious but it turns out it was just a virus she contracted and she's feeling much better. She's back to her adorable, demanding self. Thankfully! She's still not eating or drinking regularly but she's getting there. Poor Kitty, it's the worst feeling in the world to have a sick pet. I felt like everything came to a standstill for a while there while we focused our attention all on her. She's sleeping next to me as I type and I couldn't be happier. I know some people think that I'm crazy for the way I am with her, but she's like my child. I worry about her and dote on her just like any parent does. I have had her since she was born, I got her mom, who, unbeknownst to me, was pregnant. She only had two perfect kittens, both of whom I still have. Fifi was born first and Mama Belle, left her alone for an hour before coming back to have Roly. I kept tiny little Fifi warm until Mama came back and took over. They are like night and day, one a big, dopey boy named Roly and Fifi, a semi-petite, highly intelligent girl. I love them both for different reasons but Miss Fifi is really my baby. So there you have it, a brief history of Jenn's cats. I'm just so relieved that my kitty is ok.

More twill tape printed and in the shop. I'm really happy with the owl on pink. I found a roll of pink twill I'd bought and forgotten about. I love that.

I got the fabric swatches yesterday and I've narrowed it down to 2, I think. One is a sandwashed cotton broadcloth, that has a suede sort of feel. It's really nice and I think it would print well. The other is a linen/cotton blend, but it's a little thinner than I'd like. I'm still going to look around but I may go with the broadcloth.

Have a nice Saturday, I've got a birthday party to attend this evening, and have yet to decide on a gift or side dish to bring.

No comments: