Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Stocking Up

I have been thinking about the impending holiday season (yes, I know it's only August) and trying to figure out how to make it run more smoothly. Every year, things are crazy around here from October through December and I am amazed if we manage to get the house decorated and the tree up. We spend all of our time filling wholesale orders or getting ready for the craft sales. We always say we're going to start in August, but never do. Well this year it's different. Different, I say! See! I've already got a small pile of stuff set aside for the holiday madness.

We've decided to sell at the Urban Craft Uprising sale in Seattle, because I've heard nothing but great things about it, the Handmade Bazaar, here in Portland and possible Crafty Wonderland's Holiday sale. It seems so overwhelming, but I think if I get things going now, I can do it. I think. I hope. I may be passed out under the Christmas tree with with punch bowl full of eggnog nearby, come Christmas Eve, but I'll some extra cash. I am a little worried about being able to keep up with the wholesale, etsy shop, website and all 3 craft fairs. That's a lot, right? I need a personal assistant.

Some new totes for the shop:
Pandas and Owls. These fabrics remind me of summer so I thought I'd better do something with them while summer is still here.


I'm off to sew!

3 comments:

{kimmymade} said...

As a crafter who supports herself with her business, I suppose this is a good position to be in (albeit an exhausting one)! To what degree does your daughter help out?

Jenn Hill said...

Yes, it is good! I'm lucky to be doing just what I want. My daughter doesn't really have an interest in the business. She likes what I do but she's really more interested in hanging out with her friends and shopping.

Cheryl Ensom said...

cute stuff!