Saturday, July 14, 2007

Frosty Friends and Tacos

Complete and on it's way::

More Frozen Treats for the shop today::



I hear there is a new taco wagon in the neighborhood, so I'm off to find it. Word on the street is they make their own tortillas. Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good taco.
I know most of the good spots around town and the not so good ones, too. There are some ultra cheap and delicious spots we visit often and there are a couple of higher priced, once-in-a-while-indulgence spots I love too. The thing that always amazes me about a good taco is the sheer simplicity. Two flat corn tortillas, some well seasoned and perfectly cooked meat, a handful of cilantro and onion and you've got pure perfection! It took me a while to get used to the idea of not having cheese, lettuce and a crisp shell, but there's no going back now. I do like a bit of verde salsa on top. We'll be making verde salsa and canning it in the next month or so, stay tuned.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

edited to add:
Well, the new taco cart won me over. The handmade corn tortillas were amazing!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ensom said...

The Frozen Treats look good enough to eat (or hug!)...adorable!