Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Chickens, Gardening and Notecards


The title should give some insight as to what's been on my mind lately. Our chickens are growing big and are hilarious! It's so nice to look out the window and see a flock of little chickens pecking and digging and chasing each other. I love that having chickens gets me outside so much more. I can keep a close eye on the garden progress that way.



the coop is almost done, it just needs the roof and run attached


Miss Millie waiting for some yummy worms


Millie and Honey in the herb garden

There are several short videos of chicken antics here, if you're so inclined. We have one blue egg layer, which I'm so excited about. Blue eggs! It's hard to imagine that soon I'll have my own egg supply right in the back yard. I'm expecting the 2 older hens to start laying around September and the others in October.

I've got some new block printed notecard sets in the shop. I'm anxiously waiting for my hydrangeas to bloom, so I thought I'd carve a stamp in the meantime.





No comments: