Friday, October 19, 2007

Autumn Happenings


My ghostly boo garland was featured on the Decor8 blog last week and I've been selling one after another since. They're fun and relaxing to make and it gives me a chance to do some hand sewing, which is always nice.

I'm working on a some trick or treat bags for the little ones. I hope to have them in the shop this weekend.

I'm still working my way through all of the apples and pears from the farms two weeks ago. So far, I've made apple butter, pear butter, and a dutch apple pie. There are still several pounds left and I'm really not sure what to make next. I thought about canning some apple pie filling, but I don't think I can can (ha!) one more jar. I might make apple dumplings, but that won't use up very many apples. Any ideas? I may need to turn to the leader for help.

4 comments:

{kimmymade} said...

Apple sauce? You can always freeze that in pint containers, and then defrost as needed for baking, et cetera.

Geek+Nerd said...

Instead of canning the apple pie filling - why don't you just make a few apple pies? They'll freeze for a few months just fine. (And I love how you called Marth "the leader" that made my day :)

Best, Sarah

Unknown said...

Super jealous I wasnt able to go apple picking this year. I really want some apple butter may just have to buy some off of someone!

Richelle said...

I'm with KIM Apple sauce. We made it by the boxes of apples and it freezes great. It was a childhood favorite that was good enough to make us kids willing to help make it every year.

On the more immediate use of it I have to say APPLE CRISP a house hold staple around here. I probably make it once a week, and sometimes that isn't enough.