Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bread

So I know I promised pics of the bread from this book weeks ago. I'm finally getting to it. I've made probably 6 or 7 different batches of bread and at least 5 different types. My favorite so far is the rye. It is amazingly delicious! The only problem I have encountered is that the loaves are coming out quite small. I just bought some fresh yeast and will try that to see if it helps. Anyway, here is yesterday's bread photo shoot.
Just out of the refrigerator:

After rising right before baking:

Hot out of the oven:

Yum!

3 comments:

mister mooch said...

Mmm, I love fresh homemade bread!

Violette Crumble said...

Wow, it looks quite large once it's baked.

So far my loaves are all pretty small. I just made half the light wheat recipe, and it made one single loaf.

I usually hate rye bread, but maybe homemade and without the seeds it's good. Actually I bet it's really quite good based on your photo.

sMacThoughts said...

Oh my gosh. What a beautiful blog and beautiful post. I came here to let you know that I've featured one of your works on mine...latest post. Hope it's ok!