Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I am finally joining blogland!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time now and finally took action! So here it is, my blog. I suppose a good place to start is with a brief history of the name, Chet and Dot. I happened upon a lovely little Christmas card from the 40's while thrifting a few years ago. The image on the outside was of a charming brown cabin covered in snow. It wasn't until I got home that I looked inside to find it said 'Best Wishes, Chet and Dot' signed in the most lovely old lady handwriting. For 2 years, I thought of Chet and Dot often and knew it would be a great name for a business or maybe line of children's products. Then, last summer, I decided to go with it, and I love it. I love the name and where it came from. Thank you Chet and Dot, whomever you are.


Liesl said...

You are in excellent company in Portland. So many talented and creative bloggers out there - must be something in the water. Welcome to blogland, and have fun!

Blooming said...

What a cute story! It is a great name, I love it! I found your blog via Etsy. It's adorable, as is your work.