Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dottie Dots


I have a bit of an obsession with polka dots. I keep telling myself I can't buy anymore polka dots and then I find myself at Bolt with polka dots in hand. So it's only logical that I make my own polka dots. What is it about little dots of color scattered on a solid background that is so appealing?


I've been trying to take more interesting photos lately. I got all caught up in using the light tent which I have to do in the winters here, that I sort of forgot about trying to use natural light. I am astounded at the difference in quality when you use natural lighting. On that same note, I want to buy a new camera and I'm trying to decide between three different models. There is an obvious price difference, but I don't like to make decisions like this based on price ie. go for the cheapest. I want this to be the last camera I buy for like 10 years so I want to get the right one. I like the idea of a digital slr but I think it may be too much camera for my needs. Although if I had a super fancy camera, I might be inclined to make more use of it. See, this has been going on for months. I am sort of leaning toward the middle option. Is it better to get the fancier camera for longevity and maximum functions? I currently have this camera and I love it. It's only 4 megapixels, but it's been an awesome camera, it just eats batteries like mad, so it's got to go.

I went to Modern Domestic a couple of weeks ago. It's a new sewing machine shop and sewing studio on Alberta Street here in Portland. It's a beautiful store. If you're in town, check it out. They have classes, open sewing and access to sergers and this fancy ass iron. I had no idea I could love an iron, but I LOVE THIS IRON. I am presently trying to justify buying this iron. It's got a touch sensitive handle and you don't have to set it upright when you're done. You just slide it off the fabric, let go and magical little feet pop up so you never have to worry about burning your house down. It's amazing and it's yellow.

1 comment:

keyka said...

Wow, I want that fancy iron! I need a new one and it looks fabulous.