Thursday, February 04, 2010

macarons!

Behold! My first attempt at macarons:

I started out simple with vanilla vanilla. Next, I'd like to try strawberry or maybe coconut.
I made a basic vanilla buttercream for the filling. If you are interested in making these, I highly recommend the book. The instructions couldn't be more clear and easy to follow. Plus, there are pictures of every step. This took the mystery out of macarons, hooray for that. The only issue I had was that I baked two sheets at once, which I would not do again. The top sheet baked up perfectly, but the bottom ones ended up with cracked tops. Delicious but not beautiful. I will photograph all the steps when I make them next. It will be soon, I'm sure.


I just noticed the ridiculous price on that book through Amazon. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm sure my copy wasn't that much.

eta: I see that Chronicle Books has it for $14.95 but it's back ordered.

No comments: