Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Banner


It's hard to believe but my little niece Maddie is going to be one on Saturday. I made her a banner with her name embroidered in circles. I used a nice selection of wool and cashmere sweaters. I'm pretty happy with how it came out even though some of the edges are a bit wonky which is from a combination of working into the wee hours and working with non felted sweaters.

My sister and her family were just in a terrible car accident. Everyone is ok but there looks to be some surgeries in the future. Luckily the kids came out pretty much unharmed which is surprising considering how bad the accident was overall. I'm putting together a care package for them. I wish there was more I could do. I won't be able to go over for another week or two. It's times like these that make me wish my family lived closer. I made 3 batches of cookies and am thinking about making some blueberry muffins, though I do worry about how those would do in the mail. Any other ideas for sweets (or non sweets) to perk up their spirits?

2 comments:

{kimmymade} said...

So glad that you're family is OK! And your niece will LOVE her birthday banner -- it's gorgeous!!

{kimmymade} said...

Oh, and in my experience, brownies travel quite well and are always appreciated.